Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Prayer for the Little Things

I was just at the gym, multi-tasking on the elliptical machine, listening to my ipod and reading through 100 health and life balance tips from celebrities.

The tip that caught my eye was not to multi-task.

I shut off my ipod and read some more.

Try doing one thing at a time, the tip said, paying close attention to the task at hand, really experiencing and feeling it.

I got off the elliptical machine and came home to write this, reminded of St. Therea's Prayer that I got from a friend of mine a day or so ago.

Saint Theresa is known as the Saint of the Little Ways, meaning she believed in doing the little things in life well and with great love. (She is also the patron Saint of flower growers and florists and is represented by roses, in case you wanted to know that, too.)


St. Theresa's Prayer:

May today there be peace within.
May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love
that has been given to you.
May you be content.
Let this presence settle into our bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of you.


As unlikely as it is (guilty as I am from time to time of multi-tasking), if I were sainted, I wonder of what I would be the saint of? The Saint of Reverently Irreverent Blogging?

No comments: